After a long day of work, there is nothing better than enjoying a massage to relax and relieve muscle and nervous tension. Back pain can be caused by many factors, such as prolonged poor posture or, in general, a very sedentary lifestyle.
If for particular or more serious back problems it may be necessary to go to a physiotherapist, a relaxing massage is an optimal solution to reduce or eliminate those small aches and pains in the back. Even without particular discomforts, it is still possible to benefit from massages, thanks to the strong relaxing action and the ability to promote circulation.
If you want to get a massage without leaving your house, you need a massage chair. It is not for those who are looking for a place to sit. The massage chair offers many functions including comfort & a relaxing experience of arm, legs & especially back massage.
The massage chairs also help in reducing stress and disposing of tiredness. In this article, you will all know all the benefits promised by the massage chairs and also about its price and the right way to use it.
Functions and Uses of a Massage Chair
Massage chairs work on simple technology. Let’s have a look at its functions and uses them for good understanding.
- You need to just plug in the cable in the socket and select the desired massage program.
- The major difference between professional and cheaper massage chairs is that in professional massage chairs you can adjust automatically headrests, armrests & footrests using remote control while in cheaper massage chairs you need to adjust these manually.
- The type of position will determine the type of massage that you are getting. Also, it is helpful for elders or for people who have a problem walking as another function of the massage chair is lifting.
- Massage chairs have different models. One has a heating system to give better massage combine with the effects of heat.
- Massage chairs are covered with waterproof, eco-leather & stain-resistant material that gives the outer body a longer life.
Types of Massage Offered by a Massage Chair
The types of massage offered by a massage chair depending on the model of it either old or new. The most advanced massage chairs have a greater number of programs, therefore the intensity of functions & personalization of the massage is greater.
Massage offered by massage chairs are:
Zoned: Offers massage to certain areas of the body (lumbar, cervical, dorsal)
Vibro Massage: Offers low-intensity movements to promote microcirculation and in relaxation of muscles
Shiatsu: Characterized by rapid movements & vibrations
Benefits of Using Chair Massage
There are many benefits of using chair massage. Some of them are mentioned below:
- It promotes sleep & blood circulation
- It offers relaxation & combats stress by dissolving muscles tension, especially in cervical spine and spine
- It restores energy & vitality
- It improves postures
- It eliminates fatigue
- It releases mental tension
- It eliminates toxins by stimulating the lymphatic system
- It lowers blood pressure
- It improves blood circulation
- It increases one’s morale & productivity
Warnings of Using Chair Massage
Please read carefully the following warnings, if you are using chair massage:
- Don’t use them simultaneously with other similar machines
- Don’t use them for hand, elbow, knew, head & abdominal massages because they cause damage to those parts of the body
- Don’t let children use them without the consultant, recommendation & guidance of an adult
- Don’t plan too high-intensity massages
- Don’t activate them in a too humid environment or with wet clothes
- Don’t use them if you are suffering from any kind of illness
- Check for bare or damaged parts to avoid short circuit, fire or shock
The chair massage is suitable for everyone. It does not matter what gender or what age group you belong to. Even it helps pregnant women a lot.