A pregnant woman must find time to relax in order to be in the best health. While you are experiencing the rigours of pregnancy, a massage chair can help relieve your stress.
The use of a Massage Chair During Pregnancy leads to improved blood circulation and decreases the discomfort of the condition.
It is often debated whether the use of a massage chair during pregnancy is safe.
In this article, we will examine the features of massage chairs to see if they are convenient for expecting mothers and what their potential risks are if any.
People believe that massage chairs and pregnancy should never go hand in hand. Massage chairs come with heated pads that can increase the body’s temperature. If these temperatures are too high, a pregnant woman may experience premature labour.
Different people hold varying opinions about the use of massage chairs. This is why consulting a doctor about it would be a wise thing to do.
However, the following information has been compiled to make your decision easier about using massage chairs while pregnant.
Is It Safe to Use A Massage Chair During Pregnant?
Many pregnant women use massage chairs, as they can feel as good as a massage during pregnancy. However, there are some complications of using massage chairs during pregnancy.
Some massage chair manufacturers advise against its use while pregnant. Some reasons include:
1. Pressure Points
Stressing the body’s pressure points can induce early labor. These pressure points can be triggered with massage chairs, leading to serious complications.
2. Heating Pad
A heating pad typically found on most massage chairs can have severe consequences on a baby. Increased body temperature may spike the baby’s heart rate, resulting in cardiovascular problems.
A temperature that is too high can cause hyperthermia. Because of this, it is recommended to avoid any heated features in a massage chair.
Benefits of Massage Chair in Pregnancy
The use of Massage Chair During Pregnancy gives you a magical experience. It is soothing, relaxing, and pampering. A growing number of pregnant women are turning to massage chairs for the following benefits:
1. Helps to Relief Back Pain
When you use a massage chair during pregnancy, you will experience relief from back and leg pain, since the growing uterus imposes a lot of pressure on the body. Massage chairs can help spread blood around your upper body and relieve pain.
2. Do not Strike the Body with a Jerk
A pregnant woman fears that the vibrations of the massage chair will harm her unborn child. However, the vibrations from a massage chair move your body just like walking.
There is no danger at all to your baby during these mild vibrations. It is even possible that your baby will not feel anything during your massage!
3. Making the Labor Process Easy
It has been proved that the use of massage during labor ensures shortened labor and minimizes the risk of postpartum depression.
The massage chair is safe as long as you have no health complications.
Actually, women who are pregnant can now use massage chairs made especially for them. You should consult your doctor prior to using one.
4. Preventing Premature Births
It is actually true that massage during pregnancy reduces the risk of preterm birth.
When Should Expecting Mothers Never Use Massage Chair?
The period of pregnancy is extremely demanding. Mother’s body goes through hormonal changes and her emotional state fluctuates, almost as if she is on a roller coaster. Some health conditions and other circumstances require expectant mothers to consult with a doctor before using a massage chair.
- Avoid using a massage chair if you have a severe headache.
- If there is a previous history of preterm birth or miscarriage, you should avoid it.
- The chair is not safe for someone who has oedema or extreme swelling.
- You should be very careful if it is a high-risk pregnancy.
- Those suffering from preeclampsia should avoid using massage chairs.
- Avoid using the chair if you are overweight and have trouble fitting into it.
- We should avoid any pressure generated by using the massage chair at all costs.
Massage Chairs: Things To Remember
Following are a few things to remember before using these chairs:
- Do not use massage chairs in the first trimester. A woman’s body goes through a lot of changes during the first trimester of pregnancy.
- During the first three months of pregnancy, the chances of miscarriage are high.
- The massage chairs should not be used for long periods of time. It’s not a good idea to spend more than 15-20 minutes on that chair.
- The third trimester is the time to avoid putting too much pressure on your chubby belly. Be careful not to squeeze yourself onto the chair. Make sure your body is the right size for the massage chair.
You shouldn’t use a massage chair if you have:
- Pregnancy with high risks
- Pre-term labor in history
- Feelings of swelling or severe headaches
The following list might make you think twice about getting a massage during pregnancy. Despite that, a good massage, whether in a chair or by hand, can provide many benefits.
Feel free to pamper yourself in the massage chair, even during pregnancy. It will benefit you greatly if used during this time period.
There are a number of women who have attested to the benefits of using the Osaki OS-3D HIRO LT Massage Chair during pregnancy without reporting any complications.
Compared to previous pregnancies, they have had healthier babies, reduced stress, less back pain, and, of course, healthier pregnancy.